Wednesday 14 September 2011

'Do it for Charity' London to Brighton Cycle Ride - 11 September 2011

Dear All,
Many, many thanks for your support. I raised a total of £755 for Brain Tumour UK.

I did the ride with 7 friends and between us we have raised over £2000.

The ride was harder than I expected. It is 54 miles with several nasty hills (most of which I had to walk up part of the way) including 1) How Lane in Chipstead 2) Church Hill past Nutfield Marsh 3) Turners Hill and 4) The Ditchling Beacon. The Beacon is more like a cliff face than an actual road you can drive up but it is a really great feeling when you arrive at the top, see the sea sparkling in the distance and know it is all down hill from here.

We were really lucky with the weather. I spent the night before the ride in a camper van on a camp site in Crystal Palace and as I listened to the rain drumming on the roof I thought about the next day with trepidation. But it was bright and sunny the whole way. Apart from the hills, the traffic and dodging the other cyclists it was a great day.

We are already discussing what to do next year.

Once again, many thanks to you all.

Chris

No comments: